We can think of no better way than starting your married life together than being married in Church and making your vows before God and the people who matter most to you.
There are many questions you may wish to ask about being married at St. Bede with St. Clement and here are some of the most frequently asked. We also welcome you to contact the vicar who will be only too happy to talk about your wedding with you.
Can I get married at St Bede with St Clement?
If you can answer 'yes' to any one of these questions then yes you can get married at St. Bede with St. Clement
- I live in the parish or my fiancé lives in the parish (click here to view a map of the parish
- I worship regularly at St Bede with St. Clement and am on the electoral roll, or this applies to my fiancé
- I or my fiancé have evidence of a 'qualifying connection' with St Bede with St. Clement
Qualifying Connections (any of the following):
- I was baptised in the parish (by a Church of England service/form of Baptism)
- I have been confirmed (by a Church of England service) and my confirmation is entered in a register belonging to St Bede with St. Clement
- My parent or grandparent was married in the parish by a Church of England service
- I have had my usual place of residence in the parish for at least six months
- My parent has had his/her usual place of residence in the parish for at least six months
- I have habitually attended public worship at St Bede with St. Clement for at least six months
- My parent has habitually attended public worship at St Bede with St. Clement for at least six months during my lifetime.
What if one of us has been married before and the former partner is still living?
It may still be possible to be married at St. Bede with St. Clement, the best thing would be to arrange to meet and talk with the vicar.
How do we book a date?
It is best to discuss your preferred date with the vicar before you confirm your reception arrangements.
After the wedding is booked what happens next?
The Vicar will arrange to meet with you on at least two occasions prior to the wedding for Marriage Preparation. Arrangements would also be made for your Banns to be read. Then a date is fixed for a rehearsal for yourselves, and those who will be assisting with the marriage ceremony.
We look forward to welcoming you to St. Bede with St. Clement - do come along to one of our services on a Sunday when you will be able to meet the vicar and find out more.
You may also find it useful to click here for information about weddings on the Church of England website.